No, I'm not talking about the classic Eagles single; this song is by a rock/surf band aptly named Surfer Blood. I'm not going to lie, I only recently got into this band after a friend told me I would love them and so far he is right. I haven't heard much but every song I have listened to so far is catchy and clever. I've always been a fan of good surf music (see my first ever post on the Growlers for proof) and Surfer Blood is probably one of the best modern surf bands I have heard. The thing that sets Surfer Blood apart, however, is the fact that they could hardly be considered solely a surf band. Instead, they are more of a indie rock infused surf band, which is just as good a combination as it sounds. The echoing reverb on the guitars and simple yet memorable guitar riff coupled with a vocal line that is both modern and retro make Take It Easy a perfect example of what I mean.
It's been raining on and off here in Oregon but when I play this song it reminds me that the sunny coast of Santa Barbara is where I'm headed and the surf is calling my name.
I also highly recommend you follow Surfer Blood on Twitter. They are hilarious.
Here is a video for Take It Easy off Surfer Blood's album "Astro Coast": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSeAwowu8GE
I realize it's been a few days since my last post and for that I must apologize. To make up for it, here are a few other songs that have been stuck in my head the last few days with their appropriate links. Enjoy.
"Julius" - STRFKR http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKQqefnTsWQ&feature=fvst
"Up, Up, Up" - Givers http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLM5pzqErYw&feature=related
"From Me to You and You to Me" - JBM http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6fLtK65LZXE
"I Don't Mind" - The Decemberists http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD6sU2X94Cg
No comments:
Post a Comment