I remember sitting there and thinking about how peculiar this phenomenon is. I have a good friend who claims to have had the same song stuck in his head for months or even years at a time. Can you imagine that? What if it was the "Jeopardy" theme song, stuck on replay inside your ears? How could you even stand it? Since that fateful class I have noticed that I get at least one song stuck in my head every single day. The same tune playing over and over and over. Sometimes it's not only one song; sometimes I have two or three shoved inside there, playing after each other like an overstimulated playlist or even shouting obnoxiously over each other.
And so I decided to document this daily occurrence, for more reasons than one. First, I would like to think I have a fairly broad arsenal of musical tastes. I know people with far larger iTunes libraries and a wider range of styles than myself but I would still like to think that I have some insight to add to the music world. Basically I thought it would be nice to share music with anyone who happened to read this blog. Second, it would be therapeutic for me to write about the songs stuck in my head, simply because I think this will get them out of my head. Third, like all college students, I have an abundance of time on my hands that is better spent doing anything other this and I have chosen, like all college students, to ignore that practicality.
So there you have it: everyday I will post a new song on this page; whatever song has been spinning around the most in my brain that day. I will write a little about the song, post a video (if available) and even try to get a file of the music on here if I can. The songs may be old, new, terrible, awesome, popular, underground, a TV show theme song, etc. It all just depends on whatever is stuck in my head that day. Thanks for reading and please enjoy.
No comments:
Post a Comment